How to earn more ranking points and get to the Top!
How to gain ranking points
Our ranking point system is based on three aspects:
- Report status:
- +7 points for accepted + resolved report
- +1 to +12 points for duplicate report*
- -3 to -10 points for (recurring) invalid reports
- +5 to +50 points depending on report's severity and reward amount (see details below)
- Report quality:
- +1 point for correct CVSS scoring
- +1 to +5 points for PoC clarity, additional details, screenshots, etc.
The more valid bugs you submit, the more points your will gain.
The more severe your findings are, the more points you will earn.
The more detailed and precise your reports are, the more points you will be awarded.
Focus on reward-based points:
Ranking points are also awarded when a reward is paid, depending on the reward amount and the applicable reward grid for this scope.
Let's take the following reward grid as an example:
In this case, points will be calculated as follows:
bounty <= 100 € (Low) = 5 points
100 < bounty <= 500 (Medium) = 5 + 10x(bounty²/500²) points -- i.e. 5 to 15 points
500 < bounty <= 1500 (High) = 15 + 15x(bounty²/1500²) points -- i.e. 15 to 30 points
bounty > 1500 (Critical) = 50 points